View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 06:20 AM   #25
thedudeabides

The USP will run you 900-1000 bucks. Most Blocks will run 500-600. You could argue you could buy 2 Glocks for one HK. Neither come with night sights for those prices.

While the G21 is a good gun for 550ish, the HK USP45 is not twice the gun the Glock is.

You have more options with the HK, like a true spurred hammer, decocker and/or safety (you can carry it "condition 1"), a DAO-ish LEO trigger all the HK forums love but it actually kind of sucks.

The Glock has either a chubby grip, or somewhat more ergo for SF. Gen 4 has adjustable grip panels. HK has a one-size fits all slender and slippery grip that you either love or hate. Both have a stupid proprietary rail.

Both are equally accurate. The HK is not some plastic 1911. It doesn't shoot any differently from a Glock. It's not better than an alloy or steel gun (such as a P220 which comes in both). The difference is that Glock has a 5.5 pound trigger safety which actually engages pretty reliably, HKs have super long trigger pulls, even in SA mode. It's rubbery, too, and leads to crappy muscle memory and discipline that's hard to unlearn for other DA/SA guns--like Sigs.

If you are dead-set on an HK in 45 ACP, think about the HK45 in full size. It has a true hammer, decocker, aggressive grips, and adjustable grip panels. It costs a bit more, but is a MUCH BETTER GUN. Or just get two Glocks, since plastic guns aren't that special.

(and before anyone calls me a hater, I've owned and sold several 45 Glocks and HKs in the past, none were better than my P220 or 1911s). The HK45 full size came closest.

...oh, and stay away from the HK forums. They're more obsessed with taking the perfect Tacticool photos of their guns, knives, etc. than discussing how they shoot.

Last edited by thedudeabides; March 5, 2013 at 06:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.02167 seconds with 8 queries