View Single Post
Old October 28, 2009, 08:25 AM   #20

Hey Hogs

I always, ALWAYS, stew my whole neck roast in a stock pot. I fish out the tender meat and make barbeque sandwiches.........crock pot, liquid smoke(not too much), onions, quality barbeque sauce.....dang, now ya got me hungry.

Anyway, I use the stock to make venison veggie barley soup. I strain the bones and particles out, dump the stock back in the pot with a bit of cheap red wine. Then, I brown about 2 lbs. of venison stew meat that has been dusted in seasoned flour...in the pot that goes for about an hour. Next, the veggies....carrots, 15 minutes later, the onions, celery, and fresh mushrooms. Let that do its thing for another half an hour, Finally, add the barley and ten to fifteen minutes later soup's on.

Blasted man.......now I'm really hungry!!!!

Incidentally, the only strong taste in both of my recipes is the left over cheap red wine

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.

Last edited by .284; October 28, 2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added a final statement

Page generated in 0.03622 seconds with 8 queries