View Single Post
Old August 5, 2008, 06:02 PM   #44
Wildalaska

Quote:
But I was not to worry if my gun ended up in Peru that were verbally assuring me that a replacement would be on the way. Nonsense. I said that doesn't even come close to covering the cost of the gun. They said if I want additional coverage I would have to purchase it through UPS.
Remington will replace a lost or stolen gun faster than you can get a payout from USPS or UPS insurance. They have done it for us. Sounds like you and the Customer Service folks and you it it off wrong. Takes two to Tango

Quote:
The nearest one to me is two hours away.
Well guess what, we are the only service center in Alaska and for some folks, we are two weeks away by dog sled You could have taken it there, or mailed it there.

Quote:
Maybe you get treated differently because your a dealer, who knows.
No, I am relating the experience we have as the only Remington service center in a -place where Remmies are extremely popular. I havent seen the type of problems you mention on a regular basis...and function test at the factory does not always mean that by the time it gets to the consumer, everything will necessarily be copasetic.

Quote:
I disagree completely with you on this and once again make the statement: YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO SEND A NIB RIFLE BACK TO THE FACTORY
Thats is simply a bogus argument.

Seems like some folks are impossible to please.

So anyway, Buy a Sako or a Tikka and see what happens when something goes wrong

WildimareasonableguyAlaska ™

Page generated in 0.03935 seconds with 8 queries