View Single Post
Old January 21, 2013, 02:30 PM   #16
darkgael

Language

The NYS SAFE act, which I have - complete - on my lap as I write this, refers to "ammunition" and "rounds" of ammunition, never bullets.
The M1 Garand is legal as far as I understand what I am reading. What are banned are "magazines that have the capacity to hold more than ten rounds of ammunition"
As to the weapon itself.....is an en bloc clip a magazine?
NYS has gone to a "one feature test" as a way to identify a firearm as an "assault weapon". If it has a detachable magazine that can hold more than ten rounds, and one other feature (a folding or telescopic stock, a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the gun, a thumbhole stock, a second handgrip or protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand, a bayonet mount, a flash supressor...etc., a grenade launcher) it is an assault weapon. Shotguns and pistols very much the same in many details. No fixed mags of more than seven rounds on a semiauto SG.
Pete

Page generated in 0.02245 seconds with 8 queries