View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 12:37 PM   #15
solocam72

Reynolds357, definately give an update if you get a chance to chrono them. I'm not knocking the barnes bullets they just didn't do what I was expecting them to, out of the bullets I recovered there were way more that showed expansion than didn't but the ones that didn't concerned me cuz they really didn't do much more than lose the little blue polymer tip, barnes claims that there bullets expand to twice there size and retain nearly all of there weight, and those are the results I got with the little 80 grainers at 3700 fps out of my .257 weatherby, but was far from that in my 7MM REM MAG, I'm sure there would have been more reliable expansion if I could have driven them faster but my rifle shot the lower to medium loads the best giving velocity of 3000 fps. I have a free video from barnes showing there x bullets fully expanding on a tomatoe in slow mo! my experience was hit and miss with them so I stopped messing with them and went back to the accubonds. My dad has yet to recover an x bullet from the game he has taken also and has found pedals that had broken off as well, he likes them better on elk than deer as the bullet has much more tissue to expand and shock before it exits.

Page generated in 0.02587 seconds with 8 queries