View Single Post
Old August 18, 2009, 11:32 PM   #220
OuTcAsT

Quote:
To say you are amazed by this fear, means to me, you haven't really thought through the implications. Holding to an ideal is all well and good, but you must still see the pragmatic view and plan for it.
I understand the hesitation to embrace this sort of activism, I honestly do but, at the same time I see the pendulum of our representative republic swinging in a direction I have not witnessed heretofore in my lifetime. Frankly I am emboldened by the prospect. Call it hubris-tic if you will, but I am encouraged.

Quote:
In my open carry post (referenced earlier), I thought I had made that point quite clear.
You also made a point that collective activism is effective and that it only takes one or two people to start a movement, I know that it was not your intent to have that sentiment carry over into this set of circumstances, but, I believe it should. as Churchill said;

Quote:
Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
IMHO Now is the time for courage.

Quote:
Nothing is more reassuring to folks than for them to see our competency with our handling of them, our absolute commitment to safety, and to let our humanity be seen. Anger in a gun owner is an anti-gunner's worst nightmare.
Again Sir, an inspiring quote, very well said !

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; August 18, 2009 at 11:42 PM.

Page generated in 0.02688 seconds with 8 queries