View Single Post
Old December 26, 2008, 08:41 AM   #15
WhiteH2OWoman

Ex-Eagle Peaker here...

Hey RB,
Yeah, I used to love Eagle Peak, too, since I strongly prefer shooting outdoors. Between that and one of my family's ranches out near Utopia, I kept my chops up when we lived in Austin up until 3 years ago when we escaped. (Please tell Wendy that Tam Thompson said "hi" and we love it out in Blanco County,a and remind her I'm the one who hooked her up with that $100 used canoe.)

Now we're out in the hill country on 16 acres, surrounded by MUCH bigger places like multi-hundred-acre ranches so our place feels much bigger. Nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away.

And I TREASURE my homemade, junk-pile looking range on our property, since I own it and can do anything I want. (Junk makes excellent free targets...empty cans, Powerade bottles, and for long-range, laundry detergent bottles since you can aim in on the dot over the "i" in "Tide."

Oh, and to answer your question, in case you haven't already guessed, my favorite range is MY PLACE, where I can shoot in my nightgown if I feel like it. Least favorite was that Red's Indoors down in Oak Hill due to loudness, too many wannabee poseurs and gang members, and just being cramped up inside.

Last edited by WhiteH2OWoman; December 26, 2008 at 08:49 AM.

Page generated in 0.02129 seconds with 8 queries