View Single Post
Old December 20, 2013, 04:47 PM   #8
mehavey

While not denigrating the go-to-bedroom/lock-the-door counsel, it does in the face of my own view of right & wrong, ...and the law as I understand it.**

This would be my HOME I'm defending, not just some spuriousm piece of real- estate. It is an extension of "self."
And if I'm not mistaken, one does pick up the right to use deadly force in defense of the home
(**someone correct me) if that home is threatened. It is the one time that "property" is viewed in that light.
(**Again, correct me if I'm wrong).

If/when competently able to defend yourself, by hiding in the furthest reaches of your dwelling you are effectively
ceding the initiative to the attacker... to do anything he wants to your home and everything in it.

That's not to say that 911/Request police isn't your immediate second action, but it shouldn't take the place of active defense if/when able.

YMMV of course, depending on local politics. But being an easy mark when my back is against that last wall isn't one of mine.

BTW: The girl's actions in the Ad still weren't the brightest. But what the heck...

Page generated in 0.04240 seconds with 8 queries