View Single Post
Old March 23, 2002, 12:26 AM   #1
Pistol Meister

Foul-Out III by Outers!

I need to give a BIG "thumbs up" to Outers for a great product: Foul-Out III.

I have a .44mag wheel-gun and I shoot a lot of hard-cast lead SWC. The rounds are a little hot and I have been getting some terrible lead fouling.

I tried the various bore scrubbing/solvent compounds and I wore out 2 bronze brushes trying to remove the lead fouling. It just wasn't getting all the lead out of the barrel.

Somebody on TFL or Pistolsmith mentioned the Foul-Out system by Outers. I'd never considered it before because it looked expensive. But, after a couple of hours with marginal results, I decided to give the Foul-Out system a chance.

Dang! It was incredible! The system is basically reverse "electro-plating". You can remove copper or lead (not at the same time). The system uses a chemical/electrical reaction to pull the lead deposits on the barrel onto a rod in the barrel.

I had so much lead fouling and the unit works so well that I could actually WATCH as little lead crystals and "stalagtites" formed on the rod. (Good chemistry teaching experience for my kids).

With NO scrubbing, I pulled almost 60 pounds of lead out of my barrel. OK, that's a little exaggerated, but it was a LOT of lead.

Then I took my CLEAN barrels from my SIGs and I hooked them up for copper removing. My clean barrels produced a significant amount of copper. I might use the recovered copper and mint a few pennies.

My bores have never looked so good - and with so little effort.

The AK-47 is next. With the thousands of rounds through that bad-boy, I expect to sell enough recovered copper to put the kids through college.

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 8 queries