View Single Post
Old June 7, 2012, 07:25 PM   #10
noylj

How many rounds do you NEED to load and how much does factory ammo cost to allow you to shoot as much?
The fact that the 650 already comes with the "case feeder" and tube was the reason I made above to ONLY get the 650 if you want a case collator and feeder.
Without the collator, when I used my friend's 650, it was to total pain to use. I had to either put a case in the "feeder" with my right hand, thus, being extraordinarily awkward, or I had to manually fill the tube--which is also a pain.
When I load, I want to get into a smooth rhythm and that is impossible with a 650 without the collator. It is like every station is in the WRONG spot.
I REALLY appreciated my Hornady after using that 650 and told my friend to immediately get the collator.
I have never seen much improvement in loading speed with a case feeder versus manually putting a case in the shell plate and a bullet on the charger case--on the Hornady where all stations are where they need to be for manual operation and the charged case is right under your nose so you have no excuse NOT to inspect every case.
However, as I said, if you are getting the collator to begin with, get the 650. It is a great production press--it just not a great press to me compared to the Hornady. Just note that the caliber conversions are still more than the Hornady.

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries