View Single Post
Old July 7, 2011, 06:21 PM   #36
SteelChickenShooter

I wonder myself

I have always thought a short barrel double was a pretty good choice. I do like the added capacity of a pump or auto. I wonder how much added capacity a person really needs? I can see if your home was invaded, or you were assaulted by more than three people at once, a double could leave you in harms way. But my point is this: there must be some FBI data that spells out what the typical encounter is, and how many rounds were needed to finish the job. Is it typical the criminal is alone and a double is fine? I bet that is the case. To be honest, I had a double but sold it. My go to gun is a pump. But in the back of my mind I've always liked a short double. And whenever I'm in a gun shop I always look them over wondering if I can spend the money to get one. I guess I can't justify it since I already have a pretty good pump. The Stoeger Double Defense is pretty neat. I sort of like the way the rail has been added. In one way it kind of looks gaudy and dumb. In another way it might be all business and capable of providing all the defense one may need. If it breaks down like my old coach gun, then it travels well and that can be good.

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries