View Single Post
Old June 3, 2011, 08:00 PM   #16
arizona98tj

Quote:
I like to KISS. Semi's are great for when you have your wits about you, but in a dire situation I want everything dumbed down to moron level. Pick up a revolver, point, and shoot. Pick up a pump shotgun, rack, and shoot. No complex mechanisms to remember, no safeties to remember, no magazines to fumble with or accidentally hit the release on, etc. My HD guns are two .357 magnum revolvers and a 12 gauge 870. Yeah kinda not in the spirit of this thread, but its how I feel regardless of how fast I can shoot something. Proficiency, as usual, will reign supreme as you fall back on practice and training.
Your response is puzzling and seems to hit at both ends of the pendulum swing.

You state that proficiency will reign supreme as you fall back on your training. That is something that everyone will do when the adrenalin starts flowing. I can't agree with that more. It is for that very reason I spend a couple of weeks per year in formal training classes and countless hours with my range buddy reinforcing what we learned in class.

However....there is no way I want everything dumbed down to the moron level. I train to ensure I will use the non-moron intended weapon at the level it was designed for.....taking advantage of what the firearm offers.

YMMV

Page generated in 0.02256 seconds with 8 queries