View Single Post
Old December 24, 2010, 06:33 PM   #51
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
There were over thirty million of these rifles made. Why do you think you can buy them for under $100? Still, even though they've recently become popular...there's just SOOO many of them. They won't have monetary value in my lifetime, or my son's, and probably not his son's...
People said this about aircooled VWs not long ago. Now, it's like finding a needle in a haystack the size of Texas to find an early '57 that hasn't been botched by Bubba under his shadetree. Beetles used to be throwaway German metal and considered a dime a dozen. Nowadays due to people hacking them up and the element of time, they're getting to the point of being as valuable as American muscle cares...

My opinion? A mil-surp rifle, regardless of what it is, should be left the hell alone IF it's in good useable condition. If it's at the point of diminishing return, then sportorize/hack at will. On the same token (and heartbreakingly more important), the current owner has the right to do whatever he/she wants...period. It's their gun. It's their money. It's their business...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.02217 seconds with 8 queries