View Single Post
Old April 24, 2010, 10:06 PM   #12
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Ed Brown is the primo of the three. You certainly get what you pay for if you seek acute attention to details.

Dan Wessons, IIRC, use Ed Brown products for some of their parts. I also think just about every part is forged, NOT MIM. This year, they switched from cast frames to forged. Mind you, if you end up with an older model cast frame, I wouldn't even sweat it. Their fit/finish on the ones I've handled are outstanding given the price. I haven't fired one so I don't know how they perform. Again, the given information is strictly from memory...

I don't have much knowledge in the specific model Kimber you're inquiring. However, I have no faith nor inclination to spend my hard earned money to gamble that I MIGHT get a quality 1911 variant from them. They've burned me in the past and there's just too many other companies out there that have a much better reputation to consider. Once again, my personal experience. There's a regular member here that has had spotty positive experience at best with many other companies but owns/owned several Kimbers with no issues at all.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.04526 seconds with 8 queries