View Single Post
Old July 11, 2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Les Auten

Quote:
Are you sure about this? I did some work after the last hurricane in Houston and worked on site with a fellow gun owner from Michigan. What I gathered from him is that any kind of firearm needs a permit to buy, and you must apply for a permit every time you want a new firearm. Unless I just misunderstood something you posted, I hope that helps
Pellet firing guns with a rifled barrel are for some odd reason considered firearms.
Quote:
8.3t “Firearm” defined.
Sec. 3t. The word “firearm”, except as otherwise specifically defined in the statutes, shall be construed to include any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by using explosives, gas or air as a means of propulsion, except any smooth bore rifle or handgun designed and manufactured exclusively for propelling BB’s not exceeding .177 calibre by means of spring, gas or air.
Purchase permits are only needed for handguns if you do not have a carry permit. No purchase permit is required for long guns.
A blackpowder handgun must be registered if it is going to be fired,but not if it is only used as a display piece.

Page generated in 0.03722 seconds with 8 queries