Thread: Combat Judo
View Single Post
Old November 4, 1999, 08:03 PM   #7
Covert Mission

Alex: I totally agree with you. I am a lapsed (hopefully resuming) Jujutsu student of Hakkoryu/Yo[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]sune style. Yo[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]sune has evolved to adapt to American-style confrontations in the modern world.

The thing I like about the Judo/Jujitsu styles is that you can dial up the force required for the situation, from 1-10. It's not "take no prisoners" like so many hard styles. The encounters you describe are probably the most common we have, and don't warrant destroying the perp (well, maybe if they have a knive?). You drunk brother-in-law may be a jerk, but if you break him in two....dohhh!

I just wish someone taught a really condensed course in the 10-20 most effective basic techniques. I just don't have the time to devote 10 hrs a week in the dojo. Any advice?

Btw: maybe you should get a Kydex holster for your coffee pot. That worked well!

[This message has been edited by Covert Mission (edited November 04, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03173 seconds with 8 queries