View Single Post
Old September 23, 2011, 12:59 PM   #22
Hardcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0untZer0
I can't tell you how many times I heard that you're not supposed to use the 50 cal on personnel. I’ve never been able to find anything that says you cannot use heavy machine guns or any particular caliber against personnel.
Do you mean that you've heard that from people in general or from people in the military? Back in my Navy days, I spent countless hours manning a .50 cal ma deuce. That's when the Iranian Navy was using Boghammer speedboats as gunboats. My job was to take out the speedboat. "Taking out" was best accomplished by shooting at the helmsman. Fortunately, the only time we ever encountered one, we were able to chase it away by having one of the helicopters hover about 20 feet above them - it's tough to see anything when there's a hurricane of salt spray in your eyes.

Of course, that was back in the late 80s and early 90s. Maybe we weren't as touchy-feely back then.

Page generated in 0.02762 seconds with 8 queries