View Single Post
Old July 6, 2008, 05:47 PM   #4
HK123

Quote:
On my first go round, I had a horrible experience. I recieved my P220, it had a horrible finish, and showed tool marks everywhere. Plus it dropped hot brass down my back religously.

Here is what I have gathered on Sig from experience, and observation.
- Sigs DA trigger sucks.
- Their Nitron Finish is weak at best
- They have a-lot of take up in SA
- Long trigger reset
- Accuracy is excellent
- Little reports of failures
- Sights are marginal
- Controls are awkward
- Grips are to thick (On both single and double stack guns), Wood only makes it thicker.
- High bore axis.

Personnally I like Sigs, I just had a bad experience. But, in the general public's eye, what makes the so good?
1) their DA trigger is better than 90% of the others out there. Try an HK if you think SIG is bad and I LOVE my HKs.
2)The SA trigger can be worked on just like any other trigger.
3)see #2 it can be worked on
4)They are known for accuracy yes
5)Little reports of failure. This is a BIG part of why SIG is so highly regarded
6)The sights can be easily replaced and FWIW they beat out some of the other sights such as Glock. Glock sights work, but they wear heavily when holstered because they are plastic.
7)Controls are awkward? same can be said for any gun which you are not intimately familiar with
8)Thick grips is a preference for some, they like to feel like their hand is wrapped around something that feels solid.
9) Bore axis? Please...if this REALLY makes a difference you need to shoot more. Bore axis is a term people throw around when in reality it does very little for a competant shooter.

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries