View Single Post
Old September 1, 2012, 12:07 PM   #34
johnbt

Oh jeez, gulags. Everybody followed the written due process. Then, later in the same process available to anyone, a state judge said the original paperwork didn't have enough details about specific behavior and turned the guy loose. I'd say due process worked. Are mistakes made? Sure, there were over 6,000 people picked up for a 72-hour-max evaluation in one year just in this state and errors happen - both in paperwork and human judgement - just like they do in any organization.

Gulags? That's a leap of fanciful thinking. Every state has been using a process like this for decades and almost nobody noticed.

One of Raub's posts, cited by the ABC News Legal blog, said "Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads."

Then there are the references to posts that were not on his personal page.

"Certain other Facebook postings that were discussed at a court hearing on Monday for Raub focused on messages allegedly from a closed Facebook group that was not part of Raub’s public Facebook profile.

ABC News was not able to obtain access to those postings."

Maybe the authorities should be following up on his claims about...

"a secret Castle in Colorado where they have been raping and sacrificing children for many years.""

I have not talked to anyone who was on the scene and heard what he said to either the police or mental health employees. John

Page generated in 0.02665 seconds with 8 queries