View Single Post
Old March 4, 2011, 11:12 AM   #16
Foto Joe

Well, I got my 3rd "New" Schofield back a few days ago. Once again, they sent me a "New In Box" replacement. It would be nice if there was a decent resale price for empty Schofield boxes, I might be able to recoup some of my shipping costs for the replacement guns.

This last new one seems to be much better assembled. No drag mark on the cylinder the first time you cock it, star ejector locator pin not protruding and it indexes properly both loaded and empty. I took it out to my favorite box canyon the day before yesterday for a little walk. I had 30 rounds of 44-40 in smokeless and 7 rounds in Black Powder.

I fired the smokeless first and there were no problems, then put the Black Powder rounds through it also with no problems. I'm thinking that I will probably stuff a couple of hundred smokeless rounds through it though before I start shooting too many properly loaded (Black Powder) 44-40's. It's a little stiff as I would expect a new gun to be.

People may fawn over Uberti Black Powder guns but I'm not impressed. I've got Uberti, Pietta, ASM and Dakota. Uberti is nowhere near the top of the quality list in my opinion. But they are proud of their stuff!!

Page generated in 0.03268 seconds with 8 queries