View Single Post
Old September 22, 2006, 01:13 AM   #10
snuffy

"I tend to go with the books that I can substansiate load data with my field tests although neither on my books are exact to what I my personal experiances my Desired FPS is 2600 I will achieve that with approx 42.2 gr Varget according to my calculations. 41.7 is not there for my climate and conditions near that.

I have a goal and an end in mind but you did not get that from reading my post."

Looks to me that your determined to get 2600 fps even if it isn't safe! Then when someone says so you call them a KNOW it all. You're going to have to grow a thicker skin if you stay around the internet long. Lots of people call a spade a spade.

I do not like the OCW method of load developement. Too much like witchcraft or majic. Nor the Audett ladder method, which the OCW is based on. I don't have a 300 yd. range to shoot on that I can hang a target up.

I usually take the desired powder load data from a newer loading manual, then take the top two thirds,(between recommended start loads and max), and divide that into five even increments. Hornaday does that for you by listing even velocity levels. I then load 5 of each charge weight to shoot at 100 yds. for groups. The smallest group shows itself rather quickly. If it doesn't then you're probably not using the right powder, or the bullets are no good.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03248 seconds with 8 queries