View Single Post
Old September 6, 2012, 12:17 AM   #14
44 AMP
Staff

"Everything" for the priming arm means 4 seating punches, 2 cups, one spring, primer arm and wrench. The auto feed was sold separate, and consists of the housing with the spring loaded button, and IIRC, 4 tubes, 2 large, 2 small, each with a spring clip type pin.

It can some fiddling to get the system to work well, and letting it "snap" back can lead to primers launching themselves into space. Visual ID that the primer is in the cup, AND oriented correctly is IMPORTANT.

Two of the seating punches (one large, one small) in the original kit had curved faces, to be used with the curved face primers that were in use many decades ago (and are now gone). The other two punches have flat faces, for use with modern primers.

I had one of these presses for several years back in the early 70s. They work best for pistol ammo, and small rifle cases. Big ones and the turret tends to "flex" if it is loose enough to be turned by hand.

Don't know why anyone would want to use compound linkage on this type of press, that turret is held on by one large bolt. Too much force would be a bad thing. Need a lot of resizing force? use a single stage "O" frame press like a Rockchucker or something similar. "C" frame presses can be "sprung" with too much leverage, and the Spar-T isn't even that rigid to begin with.

If you can't get any primer tubes, I may have a couple somewhere. But please, exhaust all other sources before you ask me to look! And be prepared for the seach to last months if I can even find them at all!

Good luck.

The Spar-t was not the best turret press you could get even back in the day, but for the cost, its wasn't a bad bargain. Significantly better machines cost much more. Dillon changed the whole game when they hit the market, for volume production, but a turret press can still give good service, if you don't ask too much of it and treat it right.

Page generated in 0.02583 seconds with 8 queries