View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 09:58 AM   #21
tulsamal

I like mine. I agree that the design could have been refined into something better. As it stands, the magazine release is well, weird to say the least. The trigger isn't the best. As mentioned, the stock is quite short and the design itself is odd, two piece wood?

I find 7.5 French to be very easy to reload. I've got lots of brass and use standard .308 projectiles. The one issue you have to watch out for is the same as the SKS. It will slam fire if you use soft primers. So I special buy the CCI military primers just for it. And those have worked just fine.

It is nice that it has the scope rail built in on the side. Except for the fact that you can't just order something that will fit it. If there was a $50-$100 mount that would put a standard mount right on top, I would have done it long ago. A short little scope or red dot on top and it would make a dandy little woods rifle. My son would probably claim it for his deer stand rifle.

And I hate to "sporterize" C&R rifles. So I've left mine the way it came. But it sure would be handier without all that stuff on the end of the barrel. Take the FH off and the grenade sight and you would lose weight and stuff that snags in the woods.

Gregg

Page generated in 0.03894 seconds with 8 queries