View Single Post
Old November 24, 1999, 10:19 PM   #6
Edmund Rowe

I've shot my M1 Super 90 Benelli Tactical in 2 shotgun training classes. My impressions:

-Ghost rings are fast
-Action cycles fast
-Benelli is very light (believe me this helps while you're holding on target with one hand while topping off the mag for 3 days)
-Sights or sight hood (front and rear) want to vibrate loose
-Factory stock a tad too long
-Mr. Benelli HURTS for extended shooting training. I mean one mag load for a competition or a defensive situation isn't bad. Shoot a variety of slugs and buckshot over 3 days and OUCH that hurts.

One of my shotgun instructors said a major metro police dept replaces their tac team Benellis every 2 years because they wear out with intensive training. I believe it since all that weight savings has to come from somewhere. I don't know what wears out first but I know that receiver is aluminum. Now, whether a civilian will ever shoot that much that they need to worry about replacing their Benelli is debatable.

I got an 11-87 to compare how I like it to the Benelli. Verdict still in deliberations. I think that a good shooter will do well with either and it's really up to personal preference.

Edmund

Page generated in 0.02512 seconds with 8 queries