View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 08:09 AM   #62
Glenn Dee

LOL OK Zukiphile... you know sooner or later they will cut us off...LOL

But here go's

I dont know where you practice. But I certainly wouldnt want to live there. Wood shampoo?... lol thats a new one. I didnt think anyone use wood anymore. But I get the point. I cant think of why any department could let an injury to a prisoner go undocumented. Fell on the way to the stationhouse? The one thing I have noticed is that todays officers go to great length, sometimes at their own risk to avoid injuring prisoners. Injured prisoners in police custody is the exception, not the rule.

Disorderly conduct, Obstructing governmental administration, and resisting arrest are codified by your state legislature. Not the police. While there is the possibility of abusing these sometimes pettit charges, evidently the legislature saw fit to put them on the books... so the problem may go beyond the police no? As far as charges like disobeying, or failing to obey a lawful order, resisting arrest without violence, loitering, and other ambiguous charges Probably wouldnt stand up to constitutional muster. But it would require an attorney with the cash, and the stones to take it that far.

Any police Officer who brings false charges must also be brought before justice to answer for his crimes. Most cops I know would never tolerate this. Now keep in mind that a person arrested rarely agree's with the charges... That dont make the charges unjust.

Contempt of cop is not a legal term, nor has it been accepted as an affermative defense in any court that I know of. And I still keep up with some of the local, NY, and US reports. Again it was made up by a very famous defense attorney as an attempt to discount a police officers testimony. Police Officers are human, and are cut from the same stuff as everyone else. A police officer is duty bound to maintain a level temperment. Because they are human they are subject to losing their temper. Most cases of abuse of authority follow an Officer losing his temper. (Female officers rarely lose their temper). Most officers I have known to lose their temper(including myself) was as a result of a personal assault, untempered insult, or ridicule. It does happen. But still it does not justify any abuse of authority.

Like every other cop in this forum, every other cop in the country, and I'd bet every other cop in the world. I already have a plan to protect myself. Thats going to happen weather I'm dealing with a 6'2" thug with his pants down around his knees with dead spiders on his head, or a 92 year old picture of Betty Crocker great grandmother driving a 29 year old buick. Dead or injured from either is exactly the same. So I treat them the same... with respect and dignity, But at the same time I have a plan to kill them.

Given your description of police conduct in your area... as a attorney (if you are one... I dont know) you should be rich from wrongfull injury, and unlawful arrest suits.

Page generated in 0.03497 seconds with 8 queries