View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 04:52 PM   #58
Ditto_95

A persons attitude has very little if any bearing on how I do my job. I treat everyone equal. Good attitude, or bad. When you treat everyone equally, people tend to react in a positive way. I dont think I'd be able to treat everyone equally if I got side tracked by their attitude. 99 9/10's% of all people want to be treated with respect, and fairness. If and when treated with respect, and fairness people tend to respond in a positive way.

Glenn, when you have the upper hand in a given situation that is precisely the correct attitiude.
When a situation arises that you may not have the upper hand emotions can over ride common sense and allow things to escalate.

While serving in the military I always had the upper hand and my attitude was exactly as yours. I other personal confrontations, I didn't have the confidence nor the backing of the U.S. military to reinforce my attitude so things didn't always work the way I expected them to.

Thanks for your civil service. I am originally from NY and have friends that are SP as well as local LE. It is a tough state to be in law enforcement.

Page generated in 0.02011 seconds with 8 queries