View Single Post
Old October 22, 2013, 11:34 PM   #7
FrankenMauser

Quote:
The reality is the the storage of flammable, explosive and/or otherwise hazardous substances might well be subject to regulation under local zoning or fire codes.
Yep. Check with city, county, state, and any other applicable governing bodies, to see what the laws and fire code limit you to.

I have never lived in a state or county that didn't set storage limits on smokeless powder, small arms primers, small arms ammunition, black powder, and/or black powder substitutes (in all types of structures and on all types of property). Some aren't bad at all. Some are a massive inconvenience (if you want to be legal, and/or keep your insurance if there's a fire).

I have lived in a couple cities that didn't have additional limitations, but, for the most part, I have lived in cities that did have rather strict fire code regs.

In one location (under city/county/state regs), for example, it was a misdemeanor to possess more than 100 primers at a time, and a felony to possess more than 500. ("Intent to manufacture explosive devices" )
In that same city, I could possess up to 3 lbs of black powder, but no more than 1 lb of smokeless powder. [face palm]

A couple places that I have lived had city fire code regs limiting smokeless powder to 13 lbs, primers to 1,000-3,000, and ammunition to 70-100 lbs (weight, not round count - don't know how common that may be).

Page generated in 0.02523 seconds with 8 queries