View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 12:27 PM   #19
jmstr

Do you have your Glock listed as your 'carry' gun? IIRC, your country has very strict limits of what you can have/carry/etc. Makes me think of my state [California].

Is our Glock listed as your self-defense gun? Can you hit what you want/need with it reliably and regularly?

I am like you: I like the BabyEagle/Jericho941 handgun in the hand MUCH better than ANY Glock I've tried.

However, for the reasons you've already identified, I wouldn't get rid of the Glock for a Baby Eagle/Jericho. If you are out a sear or disconnector, you are out of luck. The Baby Eagle will probably NEVER need more than a few springs. If it does, though, you are out of luck. With the Glock, you are covered.

I WOULD add the Baby Eagle to my 'stable' if I were you and you can afford to own both. And then see how they feel head to head, over time. Especially with the added weight [and stability] of the Baby Eagle/Jericho on the hip.

If you can find them, EAA Witness mags usually work very reliably in the Baby Eagle. CZ not so much.

Now, if the 'fit/feel' in the hand and the psychological lift you get holding it are critical, I'd recommend you check out the CZ line-up.

The Baby Eagle/Jericho is an improved copy of the EAA Witness, which was a copy of the CZ75.

It doesn't look exactly the same [CZ does not have full-length dust cover, for example, on many of their models, and thus baby eagle/Jericho won't fit in CZ75 holster], but it is similar, has the same basic grip angle and heft/weight in the hand.

AND, from what you've said, the CZ would have the support I would recommend for a true 'carry/self-defense' gun in your country.

Back around 2001 when I bought my Baby Eagle I chose that over a CZ for two reasons: the trigger was just a hundredth thinner, so I could control the DA trigger pull on the BE better than the CZ AND I was [at that time] uncomfortable with CZ's 1911-style 'cocked and locked'. Otherwise they felt about the same in my hand.

Now, if I had the money and were not on a Hi Power kick, I'd pick the CZ just because of the support and the fact I AM used to cocked and locked.

At the time I pick the BE because I assumed I'd be storing/carrying the gun with safety on, hammer down on a loaded chamber. The BE was designed to be safe doing that. The CZ75 was not [until the CZ75B came out, but even then the safety was not 'on' unless it was 'cocked and locked'.].

If I were you, I'd wait and get the CZ. Same overall feel as a BE/Jericho, but with support in your neck of the woods.

Until then, keep the Glock. Just my $.02

Page generated in 0.02860 seconds with 8 queries