View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 12:55 PM   #8
ZVP

Lots of help!

Thanks guys because I really feel the best with my Single Action Vaquero stoked with some high power .357's . It just feels like second nature to operate it! I have no issues with thumb cocking and in a 2 hand hold can get a second shot off quicklly. My sights are regulated close enough for social work and with a powerfull round like the .357 good hits are GOOD hits.
I know the 4 5/8" is a little large to conceal but I have a nice sholder holster and am going to have a custom high ride built for right side carry.
Pratice is the key to what you should do with "Your" personal revolver and I do a good bit of shooting with the Vaquero. Yes I usually pratice with .38 specials but even good quality .38's are adequate S/D rounds as have been proved by law Enforcement for years and in one case, the Great Miami Shootout, the FBI load proved plenty lethal. However I do prefer the high end .357's for defense and the Stainless Vaquero handles their heavy recoil like a dream! I have a set of faux Stag frips omy Vaquero and they really help with control!
I have shot many autoloaders and have had my share of misfires except from one little Semi-auto that I own, The Berettia 21A in .22 LR. It is my Mouse Gun and I would depend on it up very close and as a last resort, because it WORKS!
You guys have made me feel a lot better about my decision to go with the Ruger, I KNEW you'd understand! Yes the bad guys have bigger capacities and some fancy stuff but do they shoot every week as I do? I think NOT. I try and pratice reloads though at our Pistol range, it's a Slow Fire Course so I don't get the Rapid fire training in. Thank goodness for an occasional round of CAS!
Thanks for the supportive replies.
ZVP

Page generated in 0.02304 seconds with 8 queries