View Single Post
Old January 5, 2009, 01:47 PM   #16
totalloser

Just my experience with it. I guess if you want to set it to drop correctly with vibration, you would have to do it every time. The vibration can make a SIGNIFICANT difference in powder drop. Almost enough to fill the whole case to the mouth loading win748 in .223 with mine. I can't remember how much more it dropped, but it was at least an extra 3 grains- I believe I was loading 26.4 grains, but that's off the top of my head. So 29.4 would be way excessive.

BTW that link in my last post shows how I do range brass to loaded in a single pass using a LM5stage progressive. Including trimming. Load rifle almost as quick as pistol.

Oh, and I don't use extruded powders. Only ball. No5, win748 and wc846. Maybe it wouldn't be a problem with stick powders. Probably still a good head up, though. Drops were very inconsistent for me with vibration added. More time sitting with the shell plate down & trimmer vibrating=more powder dropped.

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries