View Single Post
Old November 21, 2011, 05:06 PM   #1553
Hardcase

Just so everyone is aware, that was an op-ed piece by one of New York City's Representatives to Congress - it was most definitely not a news article.

It was basically "The Bush Administration started it and the Obama Administration stopped it" sort of rationalization for what happened. But on one point she does have a point - perhaps somewhere down the road, it would be nice to hear what Michael Mukasey and Alberto Gonzales have to say. I don't care if it's a Republican or Democrat administration. Gun-walking is utterly nuts.

I don't, though, buy for a second the notion that Eric Holder caught wind of Fast and Furious and put the brakes on it at once. If anything, I would accept the idea that Holder, by dint of being a poor manager and leader, had no idea what sort of major operations were underway in his department and once he found out what he should have known already, he enabled damage control mode. I'd accept that. But he's no heroic figure who put a stop to a corrupt operation. Not in my mind.

Page generated in 0.02251 seconds with 8 queries