View Single Post
Old February 19, 2008, 05:20 PM   #11
Double Naught Spy

Two of the three Thunder Ranch classes I attended had guns break. In both cases, the shooters had spares. One of the guns was taken to the local smith after class and it could not be repaired without a part being ordered. In other words, had the shooter not had a spare gun, his class would have been over during day 2 of a 5 day class.

Take both guns since you won't be leaving the wife unarmed at home, just in case one breaks.

What is the tape for? Maybe you wont' need it, but I find it interesting to see how many people appear each new day with bandaids on blisters. My guns have checkering. I am most able to have the skin rubbed/blistered off on the two segments closest to the palm (not the tip segment) of the little and ring finger on the dominant hand. Bandaids don't work worth crap. Taping over a blister results in tearing off additional skin. At the first sign of a problem, losing wrap the affected fingers with tape. You will be happy you did.

Aside from where I got them some folks get blisters on the side of the finger just under the trigger guard. Some really soft folks even get them on their palms.

Page generated in 0.02274 seconds with 8 queries