View Single Post
Old November 26, 2012, 04:10 PM   #28
maestro pistolero

My reply comments section:

Posted today:
Quote:
The headline presumes that the military would be successful, and while that’s not hard to imagine, it is far from certain. There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 million guns in the hands of private citizens in this country, approximately 50 million of which are military-style semi-automatic rifles. There aren’t TWO armies in the world which hold that many small arms, let alone in private hands.

If we think it’s a slam dunk that the government would prevail
(in this highly unlikely hypothetical scenario), we might might well examine our ability to crush insurgencies in much less sophisticated environments against opposition that’s significantly less well-heeled.
Also, the article presumes to some extent that the the "Government" is this completely unified front against said hypothetical insurgency devoid of sympathizing patriots.

I hasten to add that I don't see this happening anytime in the foreseeable future. As long as we have the vote, the separation of powers, etc, then the greatest enemies to democracy in this country are ignorance and apathy.

Translation: if we are too lazy and stupid to kick the bums out, then we have no right to complain.

Page generated in 0.02476 seconds with 8 queries