View Single Post
Old December 10, 2011, 08:37 AM   #36
Skans

Quote:
Skans, in case this is directed at me, the gun is essentially in my glovebox (the enclosed center console), enclosed/encased as required by law. I don't inform because I'm not required to and as Scout mentioned, some officers get a little weird about it. If he/she asks if I have a gun around, I won't lie, but I don't think officers' problems are with those who carry legally anyway.
I wasn't very clear clear, but what I meant by the gun not being in the glove box is that the gun is on my person or right next to me in easy reach. In that case, I would promptly advise the officer that I am armed and licensed. If its locked in my glove box, I might not mention anything.

However, I am inclined to start making it a habit to advice the police that I'm licensed and armed if I'm ever stopped. My reason for this is that I drive quite a bit in Florida, Georgia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina and Tennessee. When it's 12:00 am I might not remember which state goes with what laws.....

Oh, and I make it a point to never drive my vehicle north of the Mason-Dixon line - that's a different world up there!

Page generated in 0.02372 seconds with 8 queries