View Single Post
Old September 13, 2010, 01:48 PM   #2
oneounceload

The super-speeds belong in the trash - the Remingtons will work - follow recipes for STS/Gun Clubs.

For ME, when I get to the point I need more hulls, I go buy a flat or two of Gun Clubs from Dick's when they are running a sale (they have or it just finished one for 4.98/box). Two flats will give enough hulls for about 3-4,000 rounds getting about 8 per reload.

I have just recently dropped my 20 gauge load to 3/4 using the CB clone of the AA wad - a minor tweak on the crimp stations of my MEC Jr. was all it took (you could also add a cheerio on top as well). I haven't seen, let alone used 473 in quite a while. Was using Unique - good powder, but dirty. Like Universal Clays now - cleaner burning. About 15.5 will get you 1200-1250 in the light load. (I was also using Unique and Universal for pistol reloading).

Same load works well in AA hulls also. I shoot 5-stand and sporting with my 20's, not trap or skeet - and the target are getting crushed by the 3/4 load.

If you try it and aren't getting the breaks you might have been getting with 7/8, try tightening your choke up one.

Page generated in 0.02180 seconds with 8 queries