View Single Post
Old October 12, 2012, 11:33 AM   #19
CDR_Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVall View Post
Phew! What a task that was.. I watched a couple videos on youtube on how to do it. Boy, do those people make it seem a LOT easier then it looks.

This thing was UNBELIEVABLY difficult to take apart. I think that it was mostly because it is new. I struggled a bit getting the pin out, but that finally came out. I spent FOREVER getting the slide off the frame. That thing was stuck on there REALLY good. It took forever, but I finally got it off, then back together.

I've never taken a gun apart before, so that was an awesome experience, and to be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also took apart my Ruger SR22, which was a breeeeeze compared to the 22/45.

Anyway, just wanted to share with you guys. I'm seriously becoming addicted to this forum, and get the feeling I'll be around here for a while.

Cheers,
Adrian
Think of it like field stripping an AR-15. Get to that firing pin. Similar in my opinion. I have no problems field stripping a Mark II. I use a rubber mallet to get the barrel off. I can pry the release bar off with a finger nail, now. With more and more cleaning, you get used to it.

Accuracy and reliability have been unparalleled for me. I ended up getting the Clark Trigger and it's down to about 2.8 lbs. I use an Ultradot Matchdot. It's my favorite little plinker. Once you have done it a few times, it gets much easier. One of the worst things to do is do the reassembly out of sequence. Then you're screwed.

Page generated in 0.03693 seconds with 8 queries