View Single Post
Old July 30, 2012, 08:27 PM   #15
TunnelRat

Quote:
In about 4 weeks I plan to purchase a COMBAT pistol
If I'm in COMBAT with a pistol, something went terribly wrong...

While I get your point, there are so many guns on the market these days that have awesome reliability. All the ones you listed are fine weapons that will likely be more reliable and last longer than you could ever need. I've owned pretty much every current service model on the market. All went boom. You're more hard pressed to find a bad one.

Quote:
It's FNS and FNX everywhere (both of which have manual safeties ).
It's a combo safety and decocker. Just don't use the safety. Same design has worked on HKs for years/decades...

Quote:
SP2022 - Take down is kinda goofy.
That was the standard takedown practice for semiautos for decades, and still is for many fine firearms.

Quote:
P250 - oozes quality too.
Never heard anyone say a P250 oozes quality. It's certainly a unique concept and I give SIG credit for the idea. But a DAO semi-auto pistol is, IMO, a solution in search of a problem.

Quote:
The trigger pull is smooth, but it is long and I could see where it would slow rapid fire in a tactical situation.
Agree it is a smooth DA. But again I don't see the need. If I wanted DAO I would go a striker fired safe-action pistol similar to the M&P. As for the "tactical" situations. Revolvers were the mainstay of police forces for decades. Somehow the officers made due. Then again I am not sure if they had "tactical" situations back then.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, honestly. But when I read comments like the ones I highlighted I think of myself when I started shooting. I was very naive and if I can save someone the trouble I went through I will try to. As for which one, personally I'd go with the SP2022 or FNP. Maybe a slight edge to the SP2022 simply because the FNP is no longer in current production.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.03210 seconds with 8 queries