View Single Post
Old August 31, 2013, 06:25 PM   #117
jwden123

Typical? Maybe

OK, I'll play along.
I'm a white male, age 70. Gray hair and a little on the short side (5'7") but average build. I've been told by some that I look distinguished. I'm always clean shaven and reasonably well dressed. I'm college educated and I worked in management for 2 international corporations, retiring in 2007.

I'm a former US Marine (Sgt) and a Nam veteran. I support our troops. I love my country but despise the current administration. Tend to be politically Independent, having given up on the Republican party. I am a member of Oath Keepers and I am a Patriot. I vote in every National, Sate and local election. I have worked on the election committees of a couple of friends that were running for local office.

I didn't own a firearm until about 2 years ago. I now have a Mossberg 20ga, a Henry lever action .22, A Kahr CW9, a Ruger Mk3 Hunter, A Sig 1911-22, a Beretta ARX160 and a PLR-22. (OK, I love .22 cal.)

I go to the range a couple of times a week, sometimes with my son-in-law, who is a detective (Inspector) with the Atlanta Police Department. I also take my wife on Ladies day. She likes the Mk3 Hunter and the Sig 1911-22. She refuses to shoot the Kahr. Too much recoil. She thought the PLR and the ARX look scary. Where have I heard that before?

I read several online news sites every day and often make online comments about what I read and what others are saying.

Almost forgot. I am an NRA member and an Amateur Radio Operation (Ham).
CERT trained (Community Emergency Response Team)

Am I typical? I don't really know. I do know that I don't suffer fools gladly,
meaning I have no patience with incompetence or stupidity.

Last edited by jwden123; August 31, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.02952 seconds with 8 queries