Thread: '62 and older
View Single Post
Old April 21, 2011, 03:43 PM   #10
Cheapshooter

Quote:
Nope, cheapshooter, just being "associated with" a Communist-bloc country does not make a gun a C&R. Those imported guns are either 50 years old (most are) or are not C&R.

Section 4 means just what folks think it means. The "event" is carefully not defined - BATFE would make an ad hoc decision on what qualifies.
With the narrow parameters as I quoted from the BATF website then explain the reason these less than 50 year old firearms are C&R. These are examples from my collection all purchased from suppliers with my C&R license.
CZ 82 '86
Walther P1 5/79
Polish P64 1971
East German Makarov 1963
And two Yugo 59/66 SKS rifles. Undated, but the 59/66 were not manufactured until 1966.

Quote:
1. Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
NO.

Quote:
2. Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
Never seen any of them as a museum piece.

Quote:
3. Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.
That's the only one left.

Not to argue, just wondering how they are C&R, and hoping many more qualify soon.
Bob
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.02607 seconds with 8 queries