View Single Post
Old June 19, 2008, 10:38 AM   #31
threegun

I had a similar situation happen years ago. I was spending the night with my grand parents, something I did Sunday thru Thursday because I worked in my gramps printing company next door to his home. As we watched the news late one night someone knocked on the door. They lived in a bad section of town but the business forced them to stay. Anyway Grandma jumps up (as did I) and asks in a very unhappy voice "who is it". I ran to my bedroom to insert a mag into my Mini-14. Without answering the people again banged on the door. Bang bang bang....three very loud hammer fists to the door......everything amplified because it is an old wood framed above ground house so even the windows rattled. My grandfather now wobbling his way to his 38 special and I am walking toward the door with my Mini-14. Grandma now really upset shouts again "who is it" her voice partially cracking. Again no answer. I got down on my knee off to the side of the door and chambered a round into the Mini-14. I used the rifles barrel to poke up the porch light switch. With grandpa now ready with his revolver I opened the door. I walked out onto the now empty porch only to find two large men running away.......one was coming down from having jumped the fence. I truly believe that the noisy Mini-14's bolt chambering a round scared these guys away. I made plenty of mistakes for sure but I was 18 or 19 years old and had zero tactical training back then. Still things turned out ok. Unfortunately both grand parents have since passed.......from natural causes.

Page generated in 0.04502 seconds with 8 queries