View Single Post
Old May 3, 2000, 09:49 PM   #4
killer45auto

I have had the 1050 for a couple of years now.A few differances are the case swage is built in on the 1050 and the press arm rides on ball bearings, which greatly reduces arm fatigue in long loading sessions.The case feed is included with the 1050 and is seperate on the 650.The 1050 is like the mercedes of the reloading world!I originally was going to go with the 550 or 650 ,but after talking with a Good friend who owned a commercial reloading bussiness along with a range he talked me into the 1050.I have zero regrets about this machine it is extremely reliable and almost fool proof.The only thing that might make a differance is if you plan on reloading multiple calibers then the 650 might be a better choice and also a lot cheaper to change out to a new caliber.I recently priced out a change from 45 to 40 and it was cheaper to buy a new press (the 550 )than it was to convert mine to the 40.I have since decided to purchese the 550 in the next few months and add another blue product to my bench.Also the 1050 is used by a lot of name brand ammo manufactures for some of thier custom ammo.I have put well over 100,000 rounds through this machine and have never had a problem with Quality brass.If you have the money to spare there is none finer than the 1050( It will not dissapoint)If you want a little value then id get the 650 ,which is a fine press also

killer45auto

Page generated in 0.02693 seconds with 8 queries