View Single Post
Old November 23, 2002, 04:42 PM   #2
Navy joe

In VA, it probably won't go far. Sit down and wait if the wind works for you, the deer may circle back if it was its bedding area it broke out of. Or the wait will let it settle down and you can follow and stir it up again. Following it when alerted won't be very productive. Where in VA are you hunting? I can't imagine having to glass for a deer, rifle hunting the longest shot I have heard of in a while was 200 yds, the shortest about 5.

Lately I can only get to the woods about midday, so I work dense brush with shotgun or handgun at the ready trying to stir them out. The hope is for a clear shot or for them to break about ten yards and stop to see what I am. Either that or sit back and wait for the idjits running dogs to chase one by me. Two trips so far have proven to be take your gun for a walk days, but at least I proved that if you sit really still a beagle will practically jump over you without seeing you. Dunno how same stupid dog is gonna find a deer. Can't wait to go home and hunt private land.

Page generated in 0.03702 seconds with 8 queries