View Single Post
Old September 14, 2012, 01:45 PM   #7
dyl

I see, so the "fist under the stock" wasn't just for rimfires then. I think I'll try that next week, although I might get knocked onto my behind. I've shot air-rifles seated before, knees in front, although with the butt tucked into an elbow as recoil is not an issue. I won't attempt that exact position with the ML.

This particular muzzleloader is an inline, runs on 209 primers. So maybe this is less like a BP rifle and more like a smokeless? I dig the names you all have for these smoke sticks.

This rifle is as utilitarian as can be, no radius buttstock, not even a wood stock, just for the purpose of getting my first deer. I had NO intention of this becoming my latest craze and still sincerely hope it doesn't. However, it is likely the most accurate firearm I own - maybe tied with my CZ 452.

I do like beautiful traditional firearms though, but perhaps when I have more money and after I've gotten my first deer, then I can enjoy the journey a bit more

Although I haven't tried it, I get the idea that if I try to go prone while ground hunting deer, I'll get a face full of moss, leaves, dirt, bugs, and won't see anything Sitting seems promising.

Page generated in 0.02014 seconds with 8 queries