View Single Post
Old December 4, 2014, 11:11 PM   #38
603Country

Things have changed for me also. I sold the Ruger Compact in 260 and replaced it with a Tikka T3 Lite in Stainless. Had to get a 308 and have the barrel replaced, but I have what I want now and I really like it. And Brother...will it shoot.

As for bullets, I have decided - after use of 100 gr bullets and 120 gr bullets - that I do believe that the 120 grainer is more effective on deer. But, I have about a zillion of the 100 grainers and will continue to shoot them till I run out. Somebody in this chat, I think, mentioned that the caliber wasn't a good varmint caliber. Not true. I was having problems putting down medium sized pigs with my 220, which is why I ramped up to the 260. And varmint use is originally why I went to the 100 grain bullet. Works great on pigs and coyotes and I just shot a real nice buck that traveled about 75 feet from where I hit him.

I hate myself for leaving my great old Sako 270 and the Ruger 220 in the gun safe and always taking the 260 to the woods, but I just like that Tikka 260 that much. Super accurate and now I have a Vortex Viper 4-16x50 PST ffp on it. I must be getting a rep among the woodland varmints. Had a pack of coyotes howling on the other side of the fence this evening, but not one of them crossed the darn fence. The word is out.

Page generated in 0.03398 seconds with 8 queries