View Single Post
Old May 23, 2005, 03:52 PM   #13
Double Naught Spy

Some of y'all are fooling yourselves. There is no PC ammo. You can argue any side of a given make and model of ammo and claim it is unnecessarily bad. For years, Ayoob has said that you should use what the local LEOs use and not anything special, but the only court cases he has offered on the matter were where LEOs were sued after using standard factory ammo.

Some of the advice here is potentially dangerous to those who decide to take it. Why should a person shy away from a given model or brand of ammo with an inflammatory name if it is the best possible defensive ammo? If a person can make a particular ammo better by modification, then why should they not modify it? What I see being done is the placement of more emphasis on the possible lawsuit that might follow a shooting than on the actual survival of the person who will be in the fight.

Choosing ammo because you think it is more PC is just plain stupid if there are better ammo options available to you. Concern over a lawsuit that may never happen is shortsighted given that you may be dead as a result of your poor choice and you may not care if it is one of your loved ones who is killed as a result of you choosing a more poorly performing ammo because of some wacko PC concerns.

It is lethal force, not a board game. It is single elimination. You don't get a replay if you are dead.

Page generated in 0.02767 seconds with 8 queries