Thread: Scenario
View Single Post
Old November 8, 2011, 07:10 AM   #25
TexasJustice7

QUOTE: Steelers

The question my wife asked me, sorry about the convoluted question, was could you pull the gun if someone robbed you and took off real quick, such as grabbing her purse and running. I would assume NO, but I wanted to see what others thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under the deadly force laws in Texas, you would be justified in shooting them. You do not have to outrun them, catch them and take a chance in a scuffle of them taking your guns from you and using them on you. Other States may be different. So if someone grabs my wallet, which might contain $500 to $700 at times, and my debit cards, drivers license, CWP
I would use deadly force to stop their escape. Who knows how much damage from identity theft you might incur if they escape with the cards, and your identification. I think the same would apply in neighboring states to Texas. I think though that in Lousiana one must be inside the vehicle to stop the carjacker, which is different from Texas. I just make the assumption if I have to use deadly force, I will have to incur the legal expense to defend it under the Texas Castle Doctrine.

Page generated in 0.03623 seconds with 8 queries