View Single Post
Old August 23, 2009, 10:04 AM   #24
Uncle Billy

You want to impress everyone with a mall ninja wristwatch? That's fine, as long as your intended targets aren't older than 13 or 14 (chronologically or developmentally). At Walmart there are racks of watches for $12 that would work.

If you want a real good watch that is rugged, simple, accurate and reliable, then try this:

It meets virtually any wrist-carried timekeeping needs, and because it's of a very high quality and is universally recognized as such it impresses folks with how discriminating you are. You ought to be with me when mine gets spotted by someone who looks at my watch for clues as to who I am, and sees I'm wearing this.

$5420.00 at Amazon.com; rarely on sale anywhere.

Why wear a costume when you can wear genuine status?

There are watches that keep time as accurately and are as rugged, for a hell of a lot less $$. But a real Rolex (and a few other makers' products) are pretty impressive to those who know what they are. Of course if you want to really cheap it out, find one of those guys in Battery Park in NYC with the $20 illegal knockoffs, and hope no one notices that the second hand steps from second to second while a real Rolex second hand is in a much smoother motion.

Or just buy one because you like well made, high quality things and to heck with what anyone thinks.

Last edited by Uncle Billy; August 23, 2009 at 10:13 AM.

Page generated in 0.02170 seconds with 8 queries