View Single Post
Old August 6, 2011, 08:38 AM   #19
Mauser Rat

The farther I got into casting the more I found that I had jumped the gun (pun intended) and started buying molds and sizers before I had the one thing that I needed to make those decisions; I had not slugged the barrel of ANY of the many weapons that I intended to put those cast bullets through followed by a lot of hot gas.

If you don't mind cleaning up leading then don't bother reading on. If you only shoot once in a while and you never shoot "hot" then don't bother reading on. If you don't care about accuracy and don't want to know how to "tune up" a weapon/bullet combo that should work but doesn't then don't....

I went for a long time and even heard my self say once, "I don't even believe in leading. I have never seen any."

But then I did see it and it took me a lot to unlearn a lot of things and a lot of money to re-buy sizers and molds in the right sizes.

If you are serious about this then slug your barrels. It takes maybe 15 minutes and then when you buy a mold you will KNOW whether to get the .452 or the .434 or the .359 mold.

If you slug your barrel then you will know what size sizer to buy and you won't have all of the "extras" I have now that I have slugged my barrels. I guess I could keep quiet and sell all of those off size items to....everyone who does not slug their barrels.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; August 7, 2011 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Bullets

Page generated in 0.03261 seconds with 8 queries