View Single Post
Old January 22, 2014, 08:03 PM   #24
HKFan9

Quote:
As far as the price of the SCAR17, they are expensive but it is justified. There are only a select few rifles who are in the same league with the same design i.e. G36 and ACR.
Where to begin...

The g36 is a full auto weapon, we are referring to a semi auto SCAR variant. The best one could hope for in the US for a G36 is a converted HK SL8. I have held and shot them, the G36 to me is awkward at best.

As far as the ACR.. I almost bought one at one point because I loved the ergo's of it... but all things being fair it is really a over priced mediocre gun at best. It still does not sell very well for Bushmaster so they rarely build them. I was told a very long waiting time when I tried to even order one with my pro-staff form and this was pre-panic mode.

Also the SCAR 17 is a 7.62x51 or .308... the ACR and G36 are 5.56.

I have shot both the SCAR's on the range with the FNH guys, along side the FNAR and all their handguns. They shoot great, but still at the end of the day I find them uncomfortable. For the price they bring in... not saying they are a bad gun... but I think there are better guns to be had.

Don't let my forum name fool you.. I am a proud FiveseveN owner, as well as a former PS90 owner.

Page generated in 0.02916 seconds with 8 queries