View Single Post
Old June 29, 1999, 12:45 PM   #5
Fred

Darth...,

What blades67 says is true. If you do make a mistake, it will cost you twice. Something to think about. That said, I can tell you that I am not a gunsmith. Like you, I'm handy, and have been working on cars for a long time. I decided to do the work myself. It's a relatively simple job, and if you did have to call in the cavalry (gunsmith), it still shouldn't be that expensive for him to clean up after you. There are directions posted at:
http://www.recguns.com/IIIC2q1.html

If for some reason you can't access them, I'd be happy to mail to you a hard copy of the directions I have. What I did was find these directions some time ago during a search. I printed them, then read them in detail. From what I read, it didn't seem like the job was beyond my capabilities. Sure enough, it wasn't. I've done two of them. If memory serves, it took me 30 to 40 minutes to do the first one, and about 15 to 20 for the second.

It's not really that difficult, but only you can decide if you really want to tackle it. You do have to be careful not to mis-position or bend a couple of springs, and if you have a short memory like me, make sure to note how each item should be positioned for reassembly. Hope that helps.

------------------
Regards - AZFred

Page generated in 0.03773 seconds with 8 queries